Kagalakan

Kamusta y'all!
     So this week was pretty much just the best... I guess mostly this weekend, but still! It all started with Brother Ricardo's baptism. Brother Ricardo's wife and children are all members, and are some of the pioneers here in the Alinguigan Ward. But for about 25 years, he was never interested in being baptized or attending church with his family. Now, almost a year after being paralyzed and blind, he's found his way into the gospel fold. He has entered the path of happiness and hope that means his family can be together. The years of patience, diligence, love, and prayers of his family have ultimately resulted well deserved blessings. 
    Right after the baptism, we watched general conference. And It seems that every general conference is better than the last. I'm not sure if they actually are getting better, or I'm just getting better at getting the most out of them. I found answers to questions I'd prepared, and even to the questions I've been too afraid to ask. As speaker after speaker spoke of principles and promises that relate directly to my deepest concerns, I realized that I'm not alone. I think that is the power that comes from gathering as disciples of Christ in settings like this. We get to see that our individual trials and challenges are not isolated occurrences. We learn that "there is no temptation taken you but such as is common to man." (1 Corinthians 10:13) We are all a part of the same battle, and we can take strength from knowing we're not alone. I know that as we diligently hear and heed the counsel of living prophets, we
will be strong despite the storms raging around us. 
     Ingat po!
        Sister Harrison

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surprise!

Sa Tagalog!

Pagpapasalamat