Ano nangyari?

Kamusta y'all!
   It feels like it's been a busy week, but I also don't feel like I have much to say, so we'll just see what happens. I'm almost done with my training, which is crazy because I still feel like I just got here. This week we had the baptism of Brother Jerome. His neighbor invited him to church, but when we first started teaching him he was really shy. But we kept visiting him with some other members, and they've actually become really good friends and helped him feel more comfortable with us. It feels like it was just the other week that we met Jerome, and we were so happy for him to be baptized and confirmed. We've been so blessed by the involvement of the members here. There are so many of them that are willing to work with us and are excited to meet and befriend the people we're teaching.
  I know that our Heavenly Father is mindful of all His children no matter where they are in their lives. I've seen His hand in my life as we've sought guidance to find and teach the people in Diffun. We have been so blessed with the opportunities we've had to share the joy of the gospel of Jesus Christ. And I know that Heavenly Father is so eager to answer our prayers. He has so many blessings prepared for us and all we have to do is show our faith by asking. I'm so grateful for everything I'm learning every day.
Sister Tampus and I have a cellphone we share. It's not super fancy, but it gets the job done. We use it to communicate with members, people we're teaching, and our mission leaders. I'm still getting the hang of using a phone in Tagalog. Talking on the phone is difficult enough because sometimes I can't here, and then I have to be able to understand it too. Texting is probably even harder because they use text talk. Which means leaving out letters and replacing letters with numbers just like in English, but it's Tagalog. So that's an adventure but I'm working on it.
   So we can withdraw money from our mission account on the 1st and 15th of every month. Because of fees we end up withdrawing about 3,800 pesos (70ish dollars). I'll try to remember to take a picture of our money, it's very colorful :) Our rent is payed by the mission, but we have to pay for water and electricity. We spend most of our money on food and transportation. I've been thinking about trying to withdraw from my goldenwest account, but I haven't tried yet. I want to withdraw enough to last a while so I don't have to pay a fee every time, and I'm not sure how much I'll end up wanting to use. So I'm pondering and praying about it:) Our leaders are trying to get us to work on budgeting, which I'm doing okay at. I'm a bit more frugal than Sister Tampus, but we're staying alive so I guess we're all right. The week of the typhoon was crazy because it happened the day before we could withdraw, and then we were out of power for a week and couldn't get to withdraw any money. Fortunately we're told to keep an emergency fund and that lasted us until we we're able to find a functioning ATM.
    I guess wearing slacks is hot, but pretty much everything is hot so I don't really notice much of a difference. I usually wear slacks about 2-3 times a week, because there are times where I have to/would rather wear a skirt so it's not super often. I was realizing I don't have any pictures in slacks, which is weird... hindi ko alam kung bakit (I don't know why). Also it hasn't rained much lately, besides the bagyo, which has been kinda weird. The nice thing about rain is that it feels cooler, the bad thing about rain is that everything gets muddy. So I don't know what's better
   So this cycle is almost over, which is crazy because I'm pretty sure it started yesterday. But Diffun is still great, Sister Tampus is still crazy, and being a missionary is still an adventure :)
   Ingat y'all
     Sister Harrison
1.Brother Jerome and Brother Jan Jan
2. Celebrating Sister Jessabel's birthday!
3. Me and Sister Tampus :)
 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surprise!

Sa Tagalog!

Pagpapasalamat