Maniwala sa Kanya

Kamusta y'all!
    This week was our mission tour. Which means that half of the mission met together with Elder and Sister Smutz. (Elder Smutz is the area president over the Philippines) They taught us a lot about focusing on our purpose and the joy in missionary work. And I had a great experience with that this week.
     Sister Albalate and I split up to work with the members. I was working in an area I'd never been to, so after a lesson with a recent convert and trying to find sister that had been referred to us, we ran out of places to go. I was working with Sister Richelle and two other brothers, and they suggested we visit some other recent converts nearby. We teach them often and I was hoping we could go somewhere new, but because I didn't have any other ideas we decided to go. 
    We arrived at the Balcaba family and started teaching the mother and two of her daughters who are members. The father, who isn't a member, was sleeping in a hammock. Part way through the lesson he woke up, and was staring very intently at us. All of the sudden he walked over and said "I know him!" Turns out Brother Berdadero and Brother Balcaba used to be coworkers and were pretty good friends, but they hadn't seen each other in about 25 years. 
    As they were catching up, Brother Berdadero explained how the gospel had changed his life. Brother Balcaba, who usually walks out when we start teaching, was completely involved in the lesson. The Balcaba sisters are so amazing, and we've been wanting so badly to help the rest of their family join them in the gospel. Now we've been blessed with an opportunity to teach their father and help him and his whole family. I'm sure that Brother Berdadero had no idea his friendship with Brother Balcaba years before he joined the church would give him an opportunity to share his testimony and fellowship him in the gospel. One of my favorite scriptures about missionary work says "Therefore, I, the Lord, have suffered you to come unto this place; for thus it was expedient in me for the salvation of souls." (Doctrine and Covenants 100:4) I know that the Lord is so involved in every aspect of our lives. And if we let Him, He will help us bring about the salvation of many souls.
       Aganad y'all!
         Sister Harrison
1. Bishop Ramel is the best. And not just because he gives us food :)
 
Pictures of her apartment.
Picture from Facebook from the visit the Elder and Sister Smutz
 




 




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surprise!

Sa Tagalog!

Pagpapasalamat