Happy Thanksgiving!

Kamusta y'all!
   Except we didn't celebrate Thanksgiving here, but that's okay. I'm still grateful. One thing I'm grateful for is my new companion! Transfers were this week which means that I am officially no longer in training. Sister Tampus was transferred to Cauayan city, and though I definitely miss her I'm super excited for her to help the people there. And here with me in Diffun is Sister Manumaleuga! (Don't worry if you can't pronounce her name. Honestly it seems like we spend half our time teaching people her name :) She's Samoan but she's from Australia, which means she's got an awesome accent. She's been here for five months, and is still working on Tagalog so we're kinda just learning from each other. But Sister Manumaleuga is super nice and I'm super excited to learn from and with her.
  Another thing I'm grateful for is that Jane aka Ningning was baptized! She's 11 and so cute. We would meet her and her cousins at her grandma's house after school to teach them. It has been so much fun to teach her because she's super smart and really wants to learn. She's already introduced us to some of her friends who are interested in having us teach them.
   I'm also grateful for the little miracles. We usually don't have much food at our apartment, because we usually end up eating with members or buying something to eat with our rice before heading home. But we were so busy on Saturday we forgot to buy food ahead of time for Sunday. So we just went to work and decided we'd figure it out later. But when we decided to stop by Bishop Pacunla's house we found out it was his birthday and they had a whole bunch of food. So instead of starving we ended up with more food than we could eat! It was just a  little way to see that Heavenly Father always knows what we need and he'll take care of us. :)
   With a new companion and a new cycle come a bunch of changes, but change is how we grow and improve. I'm excited to keep learning and serving the people in Diffun. I'm so grateful for the people I've been blessed to meet and their example of kindness and generosity. I know that as we put forth our best effort, the Lord gives us strength beyond our own to overcome the obstacles in our lives.
   Ingat y'all!
     Sister Harrison
1. Ningning's baptism, and Sister Manumaleuga
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surprise!

Sa Tagalog!

Pagpapasalamat